What is professional sales & marketing certification?
A professional sales & marketing certification program is designed to test the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform a particular job, and, upon successfully passing a certification exam, to represent a declaration of a particular individual’s professional competence. In some professions, certification is a requirement for employment or practice.
For the credibility of the sales & marketing profession, it is important to recognize professionals who have met and surpassed high standards of education, experience, knowledge, and ethical conduct. Sales & Marketing Executives International, Inc. (SMEI) has established sales certification and marketing certification programs for professionals to complete in order to be able to use its professional designations. These sales certification and marketing certification programs involve part-time self study and an examination process.
Your SMEI sales certification or marketing certification designation show to the world that you are a sales and marketing professional. Sales certification and marketing certification announce your professional competence to your clients, employer, peers, and customers. Your CSE®, CME®, UGS®, SCPM™ or SCPS® designation certifies that you abide by the highest ethics and principles and have demonstrated knowledge and experience in sales and marketing.
The SMEI proprietary reference text for each of the sales certification and marketing certification programs developed in cooperation with educational publishers, along with interactive online learning resources will assist you in self study as you prepare for certification.
How Does SMEI Certification Benefit Me?
- Professionalism — Sales Certification and Marketing Certification indicates a high level of professionalism to employers, coworkers and customers, increasing your value in the market place.
- Leadership — Sales Certification and Marketing Certification signifies you are dedicated to continuous improvement of yourself and your staff.
- Recognition — Only the top sales and marketing professionals seek sales certification and marketing certification, indicating that you are a leading sales and marketing professional.
- Knowledge — Sales Certification and Marketing Certification improves your understanding of the most current sales and marketing processes and trends.
Who is Already Certified?
How Do I Become Sales Certified or Marketing Certified?
SMEI has a simple process for you to become sales certified or marketing certified! Complete online study aides will assist you in the process, along with SMEI’s proprietary textbooks compiled by leading universities around the world. To qualify for certification:
- Apply and pay the appropriate sales certification or marketing certification fee.
- Meet the standards of education and experience as established by one of the profession’s most distinguished panel of experts and universities.
- Pass an online sales certification or marketing certification exam to ensure mastery of all key concepts in your certified discipline.
- Have a proficiency in the English language.
To start the process, provide a complete application. Take an optional exam preparation course. Successfully pass the online certification examination.
Online certification exams are scheduled every month except August. Proctored exams can be taken using your laptop computer equipped with a webcam and Internet access.
What Professional Certifications are Available?
- For marketing personnel: SMEI Certified Professional Marketer
- For marketing executives, managers, consultants and company owners SMEI Certified Marketing Executive
- For sales respresentatives and account managers: SMEI Certified Professional Salesperson
- For sales executives, managers, consutlants and company owners: SMEI Certified Sales Executive
Internet User Growth
Real-World Applications for Sales & Marketing Certification
Throughout my career progression, from territory management to executive leadership, my SCPS and CSE certifications continue to be the foundation of my skills and success. From planning and personnel management to revenue growth and customer service, I can always count on the SMEI principles to guide the way.
Jeff Clarke, President, Hayden-Murphy
SMEI members speak about their certification journey.
- “Certification is very helpful in the workplace and in public relations.” – Dave Hinkes, CME, CSE, SCPS, SCPM
- “It shows professionalism to my customers and business associates.” – Peggy Robart, CSE, Nationwide Insurance
- “I just don’t want to be one of the pack, I want to show I’m a professional.” – Harlan Proehl, CSE, Hewlett Packard