The SMEI Professional Certification Accredited Program designation is an endorsement that proves competency in all domains of knowledge required by the following professional certification programs:
· SMEI Certified Sales Executive® (CSE®)
· SMEI Certified Professional Salesperson™ (SCPS™)
· SMEI Certified Marketing Executive (CME®)
· SMEI Certified Professional Marketer™ (SCPM™)
Accredited Programs are those that include exceptional trainers and curriculum with a track record of successfully preparing candidates to sit for the relevant exams. Trainers can be accredited in the Sales Track or the Marketing Track or both.
- Provide documented training content and expertise match to SMEI competencies
- Program curriculum and learning objectives align with the knowledge domains as outlined in each of the applicable professional certification programs.
- The program accreditation evaluation will consider the prerequisites organizations or universities require for accepting students in the process. These requirements may be based on specific courses taken previously, education levels, and/or life experience.
- University/college courses should meet or exceed the minimum requirements of the accredited offering institution.
Application Requirements – Training Organizations
Training organizations shall provide the following information:
- The number of projected SMEI exam preparatory training seminars organized and the number of participants each year including the focus of the training.
- Program overview with training agenda.
- The number of years providing sales and/or marketing or similar training.
- List of trainers with resumes and/or cover letters.
- A list of all program materials including but not limited to textbooks, handouts, websites, and supplemental materials that were used by trainers and participants will be reviewed prior to accreditation. (Note: The SMEI Accreditation Committee may request the applicant submit copies, samples or extracts of any or all training materials for review.)
- SMEI reserves the right to audit a training program conducted by the applicant at no cost.
- Registration fees on behalf of individual certification applicants will be required.
Application Requirements – Universities/Colleges
Universities/Colleges shall provide the following information:
- Number of semesters/terms the course(s).
- Syllabus(i) of supporting courses.
- Requirements of any sales or marketing minor, major, diploma or certificate offered.
- List of trainers, teachers with resumes and/or cover letters.
- A list of all program materials including but not limited to textbooks, handouts, websites, and supplemental materials that are or will be used by trainers and participants will be reviewed prior to accreditation. (Note: The SMEI Accreditation Committee may request the applicant submit copies, samples or extracts of any or all training materials for review).
- Completed competency verification checklist.
- Individual applicants for certification will be required to pay a registration fee to SMEI.
Accreditation Validity Period
Program Accreditation will be valid for a period of three years.
- A non-refundable fee of $5000 must be paid at the time of application for each program to be accredited. If the program is approved, the fee will be applied to the accreditation fee.
- Accreditation review for submission of deficient items per ocassion is $500.
- Once accreditation approval is received, the Program Accreditation fee per program is $3500 for three years and include use of the SMEI logo and linked listing on the SMEI certification partner webpage.
The process of accreditation can vary depending on the response of the applicant to any required additions or modifications to their training content in order to meet the accreditation requirements. Under normal circumstances, the process should be completed within 30 days.
Continuance of Accreditation
- Completion of SMEI Professional Certification Program Accreditation Continuance Application.
- Submit proof of performance with an average SMEI exam pass rate of 75% for the past two years with at least three sittings of students during the former accreditation period.
- Submit documentation of any changes or updates made to program and/or trainers/educators.
- Continuance of SMEI Professional Certification Program Accreditation will be valid for three years.
- SMEI Professional Certification Program Accreditation Continuance fees are the same as above.